Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 04:19 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Batch User Add Tool

mollask

Forum User
confused
I am receiving the following error:
ERRORS
Specified upload directory, /usr/www/users/douglask/thekellykids/ exists but is not writable
No Upload Directory Specified, use setPath() method
Mime type, text/plain, not in list of allowed mime types

Should I add something to the form field to set the path? Shouldn't the geeklog code set that? I know how to create a tab-delimited file. I do it all the time. However, since sometimes I am at fault, I did create a version in Excel and exported it. Same issue.

I should note that I'm using Pair.com as the host. I can SSH in and change perms, but if the blog is sitting in a dir where the file is to go, why doesn't the program have the correct perms to perform this function itself? Every other function in the software works just fine.

It should also be stated here that I have locked down the "Static Pages" area and password protected it. I haven't perused the code to see if that's where the upload is attempting to save.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by mollask: Specified upload directory, /usr/www/users/douglask/thekellykids/ exists but is not writable

As the error message says - that directory must be writable. Geeklog is trying to upload the file to that directory.

That was actually a poor design choice on Geeklog's part, as that directory is often your home directory and sometimes simply can not be made writable. We should rather be using a "data" directory of some sort. A similar bugreport already exists ...

bye, Dirk

mollask

Forum User
Quote by mollask: Specified upload directory, /usr/www/users/douglask/thekellykids/ exists but is not writable

Quote by Dirk:
A similar bugreport already exists ...

Thanks Dirk. I didn't get into the bug area. I did do a search from the main search area first to see if anyone else had posted. Next time I'll check bugs first. And I'll track that bug for when it's fixed. I'm not getting the response to the Blog that I thought I would, so sending out a bulk upload might entice more to it. Also I'm pushing one of my clients to go with the Geeklog when they consider posting their "communication tool".

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:19 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content