Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 09:19 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Bug with HTML output for search function

Vil

Anonymous
When you search for a term in the current Geeklog version 1.3.9sr1, the search term highlighting ignores the case of the search terms.

Simple example: if I search for "weblog", the search function will also return content where the word "Weblog" appears. This is of course as intended. But when I click on one of the found stories / articles in the result list, the word "Weblog" is translated into lower case, "weblog".

While this might be only a cosmetic bug, it is annoying; in particular, when the case of headlines are changed in the above described way.

-- Vil

P.S.: I haven't found a different forum to post bug reports, so please move the topic to the correct one if you decide it is inappropriate here.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Vil: P.S.: I haven't found a different forum to post bug reports, so please move the topic to the correct one if you decide it is inappropriate here.

There's this Report a Bug link in the Resources block on the top left ...

That particular problem is actually well-known, but unless someone with the proper regexp-fu stands up and submits a patch, this isn't likely to change anytime soon ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:19 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content