Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, July 27 2024 @ 02:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installing Geeklog with PHP5 on a Windows box

mthomas

Forum User
Ok Who else ran into this one?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 108

Ok Not to worry, as many will obviously say or have said in other thread, well you need to compile PHP with MySQL!!! Well that is WRONG, well nto really but I jsut had to say it not quite right.

The answer is that you can't compile on PHP on Windows there is however a binary install and a zip install. The answer is to either use the ZIP install OR better yet Both.

I say both becuase the ZIP has the needed php_mysql.dll, libmysql.dll and libmysqli.dll files. Do the following:

Assumptions:
a. Windows 2000 or better
b. Default PHP install directory = CRazzHP
c. System32 Directory = C:WINNTSystem32 (If its not then its probably C:Windowssystem32)

1. Use Install for PHP5 to install PHP5 to your computer, this will automatically setup IIS for you, however it only setups up the CGI version ASPI has to be manually done later if you want to use it (its not stable yet tho)
2. Overwrite the contents of the CRazzHP directory with the contents of the PHP5 Zip file.
3. Copy the contents of CRazzHPext to C:<Windows or WINNTSystem32
4. Edit the php.ini file in your C:windows or c:winnt directory. Set extension_dir = "C:WINNTSystem32"
5. Edit the php.ini file to set register_globals = On
6. Edit php.ini and uncomment the extensions you need, like mysql!

You should be able to complete installtion!

JohnVanVliet

Forum User
well i new someone was going to get it to work
but i am using ASPI so i will wate a couple monthes

mthomas

Forum User
Quote by JohnVanVliet: well i new someone was going to get it to work
but i am using ASPI so i will wate a couple monthes

I believe you would still need to setup the ext directory even with the ASPI version of php

mthomas

Forum User
Probably due to Additional security, I didn't bother to look the CGI version doesn't want to work with a Windows 2003 (or 2000?) domain controllers. SAPI works tho. It apears to be a permissions issue, however I had all the basic settings correct the target directires for both applications and content where set correctly for IIS to access them via the PHP-CGI.exe

But as I said PHP5SAPI.dll works, and it more stable now so you might as well use it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content