Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 07:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mac Path Problem

jessegillespie

Forum User
gloomy
This is my first time at installing anything other than squirrelmail on my server, and I keep running into the path configuration error:

Text Formatted Code
Parse error: parse error in /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php on line 70

Warning: main(databases/.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 110

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'databases/.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 110

I'm running OS X server 10.3.3 with geeklog in a folder in the default apache documents folder ("/library/webserver/documents/"). Register_globals has been turned on in /etc/php.ini. I have currently configured config.php as such:
Text Formatted Code

$_CONF['path']            =
'/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/';

And lib-common.php as such:

Text Formatted Code

require_once( '/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php' );

I think that these are accurate absolute paths, but can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? BTW, I also get the same errors if I set the paths to /volumes/MYDRIVE/library etc. I would really appreciate any help

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Please note that the error message says parse error, which means that you have a syntax error in the config.php at or before the given line. Probably a missing quote or semicolon.

The paths look okay, AFAICS.

bye, Dirk

jessegillespie

Forum User
Okay, I'll try starting over with a fresh install. Thanks for your input!

jessegillespie

Forum User
Update: A fresh install got rid of the parse error, but I still get the following:

Warning: main(/path/to/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 110

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/path/to/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 110

Does anyone know what this is related to? Is there a problem with my SQL database?

drshakagee

Forum User
Are you sure you $_CONF['path'] in your config.php file is correct?
Yes I am mental.

jessegillespie

Forum User
Follow-up: changing the case of the path corrected the problem, which surprised me as I didn't think the file system was case sensitive. I still am running into some MySQL user issues, but things are looking up. Thanks for the help!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content