Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 04:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Notification not sending email to admin when new user register

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi gang.

I'm having this issue and am wondering whether anyone else has any other solutions to it. I configured my config.php to send email to admin when a new user requesting access to the portal. The admin then can decide whether to approve or deny.

The funny thing is that it didn't send any email notification to the admin when new user registered. I have hardcoded lib-common.php base on this topic to no success.

This is what I did:

function COM_mail( $to, $subject, $message, $from ='admin@example.com', $html = false, $priority = 0 )

Any other thought or suggestion? Please help?

Thanks.

The Dude

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Anyone? Dirk and the gang? Please help? Thanks..

The Dude

JoelF

Forum User
Chatty
Do other mail functions work? Can you send a mail message using COM_mail outside of this scenario and does it work?

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by JoelF: Do other mail functions work? Can you send a mail message using COM_mail outside of this scenario and does it work?

Yes, other mail functions works just fine. I can send email using the mailuser block, and when I approve user who is applying for the username, they get the notification via email. Which is why this is so strange.

Not sure what you mean by using COM_mail. Would you mind elaborating a bit? Many thanks..

The Dude

JoelF

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by thedude:
Not sure what you mean by using COM_mail. Would you mind elaborating a bit? Many thanks..

I meant what you just explained - that you can call COM_mail (the function you mentioned above) in other settings and it works - which shows that 'in general' your mail configuration must be at least pretty close to right... I haven't spent time working on the auto-notification piece, since I have turned off user-initiated registration for the site I'm setting up. If I see something else I'll chime in, but this probably could use the help of someone more knowledgable with the code base to go further.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I've had one other report (hi geKow) of this not working, but have been unable to reproduce it.

Is it possible that the email is being caught in a spam filter somewhere? Do the other notifications (for story submissions, for example) work?

bye, Dirk

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by Dirk: I've had one other report (hi geKow) of this not working, but have been unable to reproduce it.

Is it possible that the email is being caught in a spam filter somewhere? Do the other notifications (for story submissions, for example) work?

bye, Dirk

Hi Dirk.

Yes all notifications such as story submissions, confirmation of approved username request, etc, all works just fine. Except this one. Which is really strange. As of Filter for Spam? Don't think that's the case. I have checked. So..

Hmm. Any other thought? Please advise. Many thanks..

The Dude

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Anyone? Please help?

I did the instruction per . Vinny's suggestion. No luck. Any other idea?

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content