Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:59 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

I just got geeklog installed by a host.

che57

Forum User
blah
Hi
I just got geeklog automaticly installed by my webhost wopsa.com everything is fine but I cant login! I mean I can loggin but then when I want to start working on my geeklog in admin.php i cant, i got out again...back to the login area.....?
I have the right username and password....whats wrong?
I have checked my browser and everything is okej with that....cookies and everything!
HELP!

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Before others start flaming you, have you checked the bottom of the critical files (config., lib-common., etc.) for extra lines after the '?>' at the bottom. That white space can cause log-in problems.

This and other solutions can be found in the FAQ (in the menu) and by searching the forums for similar posts.

Blessings!

inSPIREmin
www.Scripturetoolkit.com www.inSPIREministries.com

che57

Anonymous
stressed
Thanks a lot...
This is what I got when I removed the space as you said......Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `'{'' or `'$'' in /home/novacit/public_html/Nova/lib-common.php on line 903

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: com_refresh() in /home/novacit/public_html/Nova/admin/index.php on line 34
So now I have to start count all the lines in lib-common.php until I come to 903??????

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by che57: So now I have to start count all the lines in lib-common.php until I come to 903??????

I'd suggest you use an editor that can display the current line number (or lets you jump to it).

Actually, whatever you used to edit lib-common.php has probably caused you that problem in the first place.

At this point, I'll usually suggest that you throw away your current lib-common.php and start with a fresh one. However, since you said Geeklog has been installed for you, you probably don't have a fresh copy of that file ...

You can always download the complete Geeklog tarball from our downloads section, of course, and upload just the lib-common.php included in that tarball. It is important, though, that you make sure that you download the correct version. The current version of Geeklog is 1.3.9sr1. Make sure that's the version you have on your server (older versions, if needed, are also available in the downloads section).

Make sure to keep a copy of your old lib-common.php, as you'll need one line from it which, I assume, your host set for you: It's the first line that starts with "require_once". Copy that line into the fresh lib-common.php (replacing the one that you'll find there) and upload the new lib-common.php then.

You'll find recommendations for editors to use here in the forums (and links to recommendations e.g. in the documentation).

bye, Dirk

Thanks a lot....it´s working now...

Anonymous
Now my geeklog accept my log in and everything looks alright ....that is until I make som changes and want to save it!.then when I have clicked the save button I only come to a white side nothing on it and when I go back nothing is saved?.....I have checked my browser it´s okej so I dont know whats wrong this time.....feels a little bit stupid coming here each time....sorry! But I want my geeklog up and running so my members can enjoy it!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Thanks a lot....it´s working now...: then when I have clicked the save button I only come to a white side nothing on it and when I go back nothing is saved?

That is often the case if an error occured (e.g. a parse error) but the webserver is configured not to display errors.

Is there anything in Geeklog's error.log file? Or in the webserver's logfiles (assuming you have access to them)?

Also, does it save the changes that you made?

bye, Dirk

Back again......
Anonymous

determined
No it doesn´t save anything.....and now when i tried to log in again..I can´t!
The only way to be correctly loged in is if I use the path (URL) to admin drectly from my servers cpanel????
If I use my saved(favorites) page to it it doesn´t accept my loggin.....sounds like a browser problem....or maybe not?
But I am working hard.I am not a quitter.....

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content