Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Ewiki view rights

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
I need to set up the Ewiki plugin so that 'anonymous' can view it, but on registered users can edit.

Is it possible? How do I do it?

Installing with anonymous users set to 0 in config does not allow them access at all.

Blessings,

inSPIREmin
www.Scripturetoolkit.com www.inSPIREministries.com

Euan

Forum User
Unfortunately the plugin only allows access, or no access. It isn't integrated to the point of controlling edit access. I'll have a look at the code again and see if I can work something out, but it won't be this week...

I know Dirk had his own implementation of this - maybe his has this functionality?

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks so much for the quick response!!

I need something where I can post a quote, then have anyone (registered) add comments, links related to it, etc.

I thought about coming up with a new set of story/comment theme files and using "Chameleon" to switch to it when someone clicked on the topic.

I just don't feel comfortable with the completely uncontrolled nature of the wiki. I will be setting this up on a Christian-based website. From experience, I know that anonymous posts are a BAD idea!

Thanks again! Any other guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

inSPIREmin

Euan

Forum User
You bless atheists too? Very generous.

Sounds like you'd be better off just using the forum for what you need. You can set that to allow only registered users to read, post, etc. Alternatively, story articles allow the same. The wiki is more suited to creating documentation and the like, or where you have lots of people collaborating on a single document. With articles, you can also use topics to control access even further.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks for the recommendations!

I think I will end up going with the customized story/comment process. What I want to do is post short passages from the Bible and allow registered users to post their own comments, creating a user-base commentary.

I want to remove most of the borders and formatting between the Scripture and the comments. Creating a new story/comment theme with very little formatting would work.

Blessings!

Brent

DeuX

Anonymous
angelic
the www/html/ewiki/index.php file has:

if (!SEC_hasRights('ewiki.admin','ewiki.user','OR')) {

could this be where the issue lies? I'm not sure that it's reading this as admin OR user, really. At least its not acting like it. Any suggestions? Did I forget something silly?

(members all have ewiki.user checked and the root user has both

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content