Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 04:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

File Manager Max file size...

nytephal

Forum User
Junior
Does anyone know where(or if you even can) set a file upload limit on the file manager plugin from efarmboy? I can't seem to upload files that are over a meg or so.

I get an error 1707...telling me to check the permissions on the file store directories. But small files work great.

Or, is there a procedure to place them in the file-stores by FTP...then add them to the downloads section?
Nytephal
The Game Machine Admin

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I believe this is explained in the File Mangement plugins' documentation: The setting for the max. file site is in the PHP settings (php.ini), not in the plugin.

bye, Dirk

samstone

Forum User
My PHP.ini is configured to allow 100mb files, and I can upload to Gallery large files, but I still can't upload it to Filemgmt any files bigger than 1mb.

When I use IE, it just goes to a black page when I submit. If I use Mozilla, it tells me, "the file containes no data," and refuse to procede.

I am running out of clue!

Sam

montezuma

Forum User
Quote by samstone: My PHP.ini is configured to allow 100mb files, and I can upload to Gallery large files, but I still can't upload it to Filemgmt any files bigger than 1mb.

Sam, I recently resolved some upload issues and I discovered another place to check in addition to the php.ini and your .htaccess file.

If your host server is using a apache (particularly RedHat linux) you should look for the following file to see if it exists:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf

Inside php.conf there is a directive called "LimitRequestBody" that may actually be limiting your uploads.

Strange that you can upload with Gallery though... anyhow I thought I would throw that out there in case it helps.

Good Luck.

samstone

Forum User
Hi Montezuma,

Thanks for your help. I don't have the php.conf file, but the problem was resolved by itself.

I think it has something to do with my desktop computer's windows XP's behavior because it just refused to procede with the large file. When I used Firefox, it tells me that the file was empty.

The next day, I wanted to give Blain a detail description of the problem, so I randomly picked up a 9.5mb file and uploaded it and it went through. I am glad that it is working now, but I still have no clue what caused the problem previously.

Thanks for the tip. I am sure this will be helpful for those that run into the similar problem in the future.

Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content