Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 11:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Please help me with this Random Photo Block?

ola_one

Forum User
I am running windows 2000 and my site is up and running with Gallery integrated. I just installed the random photo block and I got an error message is there something I missed in the steps taken?

Steps taken:

Untar GeeklogGalleryRandomPhoto_v1.2

3 Files Extracted.

Copied block-random.php into C:/../Geeklog/Public_html

Opened up lib-custom.php in C:/.../geeklog/.../system
and opened up one of the 3 files named phpblock_GalleryRandomPhoto.php

Copied the function in the phpblock_.php file and pasted it into the lib-custom file. Saved lib-custom file back in the system directory. (Unless the function should not have included something, but I copied it to the bottom of my lib-custom file)

Created a directory under Gallery and named it CACHE
The path to my Gallery directory I asume is what $GALLERY_BASEDIR was asking for

$GALLERY_BASEDIR = "C:/Apache/apache2/htdocs/geeklog/public_html/gallery/";
define(CACHE_FILE, C:/Apache/apache2/htdocs/geeklog/public_html/gallery/Cache/block-random.cache");

I believe the system will generate the block-random.cache since I do not have the said file.

Then I created the PHP block as Admin and I actually copied the function name now inserted in lib-custom and pated it in the block.
I named the block - Randomphoto

I gave it a title - Picture of the Moment
and changed the access to - all users.

Saved the block and I get the message your block has been saved, then exited and went to home page.

I still get the same thing...http://www.feyiola.com

Any idea?

Thanks

Ola

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The message on your site still reads
Error in PHP Block. Function, phpblock_galleryRandomPhoto, does not exist.
and that means exactly what it says: Geeklog can not find a function of that name.

Now, since you said that you've added that function to your lib-custom.php, it can only mean that the problem is there. For example, the function may be commented out. Or you may have inserted it after the closing ?> of the file. Or there is a parse error or syntax error somewhere in that file.

If you can't find it, send the file to me and I'll have a look (my email address is in the header of almost all of Geeklog's .php files, including the lib-custom.php).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content