Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:05 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Things To Do plug-in getting error

Kevin

Anonymous
confused
Installed this cool plug-in, only I havn't got to use it get. It installed correctly and I confirmed this in my error log. However, when I click the Things To Do link, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: com_applyfilter() in /htdocs/thingstodo/index.php on line 419

Any Ideas?

Kevin

Blaine

Forum User
You are likely not running Geeklog 1.3.9 when that function was added. You can try adding that function from a GL 1.3.9 distribution - it's located at the near the end of lib-common.php and add it to your current lib-common.php. I don't believe there are any other dependancies.

A suggestion for plugin developers is to use a wrapper function for this call - and if the function COM_applyFilter does not exist - use a version (diff name) from your plugins functions.inc file. That way if we enhance the GL version, it will use it - but in the mean time, older GL users can still use your plugins.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Euan

Forum User
Understood. I'll add it to the next version.

I do kind of feel that NOT doing so is a small incentive to help people make the decision to upgrade as well though....but I'm not a religious person.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:05 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content