Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:05 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Iphoto & imbedded gallery

Imaginate

Forum User
Chatty
caffeinated
I am using a plugin for iphoto that lets you upload photo's to gallery.

http://zwily.com/iphoto/index.xsl

Trying to use it on the gallery imbedded in geeklog and its having having problems with the username and password. I use the password that is set for the admin user in geeklog and it returns 'bad username/password

My Question is " how does geeklog access the username and password system within GALLERY... is there a way i can find out the username and password that geeklog uses to access it?

Garnet

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
First I'd suggest trying to upgrade the most recent cvs snapshot. I think there is a fix in there to allow the Geeklog integration to work with Publish XP, the same fix might help you.

If that doesn't work it is likely that the upload from iphoto just isn't compatible with the current version of the Geeklog integration. In that case you can always run two gallerys side by side which reference the same set of albums. This will not hurt the albums since gallery uses locks to prevent access problems.

Good Luck. Let us know if you get it working,
Vinny

Imaginate

Forum User
Chatty
I've downloaded the newest gallery.1.4.4-cvs-b224.tar but I'm not sure how to go about upgrading my current version to that one.

its the fix built in to that new version or is it just specific files that I have to upload

Garnet

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
The easiest way to upload gallery is to copy your config.php file out, delete the gallery directory (NOT the album dir) and install the new gallery version into the same location.

-Vinny

Imaginate

Forum User
Chatty
Now the iphoto plugin is talking to the new version of gallery but I cant seem to create a new album.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/fevivao/public_html/gallery/classes/User.php on line 211

Garnet

Imaginate

Forum User
Chatty
I can create an album within gallery now... but the iphoto plugin photo doesnt see them... it logs into it but cant create an album or upload using the plugin. What is the method of using two gallery installs and linking them?

Garnet

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:05 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content