Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, July 26 2024 @ 09:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum themes

DenoChino

Forum User
Junior
curious
Hi,

It's me again. I know that in an earlier post, I was asking if I could change the color of my forum I made, and I'm told that that I would have to get forum templates. Where do I get them? and how do I install them?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The forum templates come - surprise, surprise - with the forum plugin.

It sounds like you haven't even attempted to install the forum yet. I'd suggest you do that (read the installation instructions!) - it will become a lot clearer then ...

bye, Dirk

DenoChino

Forum User
Junior
I have the forum installed already. I've looked everywhere for a forums setting, and I don't see any. I just want to change the color of the forum to red. Where & how do I go do this?

BTW, I'm new with geeklog.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
During the installation of the plugin, you have been asked to copy a directory into your theme's layout directory. So you now have a directory /path/to/geeklog/layout/YourTheme/forum - the template files are in there.

But beware, there are a lot of files in there. If you're lucky, you can get away with a few color changes in the style sheet (remember that you had to copy the contents of the additional-forum.css file into your style.css?).

I recently made a forum theme for my ClearBlue theme and I can tell you that it can be quite a bit of work. But I think the result was worth it ...

bye, Dirk

DenoChino

Forum User
Junior
tired
Ok, I went in and got the CSS file, which is forumstyle.css, I believe?

I tried updating it, by changing the color code, but it still doesn't work!

Am I even updating the right file here? I just wanna change the color of the forum to red from default gray.

- Help!

Dazzy

Forum User
Don't forgoet you have to copy the code in forumstyle.css into your themes css file!
Dazzy

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The contents of that additional forum style sheet are supposed to be copied into the style.css of the theme you're using. That is actually explained in the forum installation instructions - you should have done that when you installed the forum plugin ...

bye, Dirk

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
hmmm.. about the forumstyle.css... I have errors in my error.log.. something is calling for forumstyle.css, but I can't find what is causing this...

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
I have a forum question too.

In the index forum, top level.....the rollover is set to change the font size to a larger size on rollover.

How do I keep the color rollover, but keep the font size rollover the same size on rollover?
Independent Media Magazine

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
BTW, can you clear up where the additional-forums.css should be copied to?

Copy the information in the additional-forums.css to what file? Forumstyle.css or the style.css?

Blaine

Forum User
You need to copy the new CSS declarations in the file "additional-forum.css" are to be copied into the style.css file for your theme.

Each theme has a style.css

If your talking about the text in the Roll-over on the main forum index page then that is controlled as well by the new CSS. You may want to add more css such as setting the font-size as there can be CSS effects from other declarations.

This is the CSS for that rollover effect.

TD.forumRollOver { text-align:left;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #000033
}
TD.forumRollOut { text-align:left;
background-color: #EFEFEF;
font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #000033
}

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
blaine? do you have a solution for my problem?

Blaine

Forum User
Just need to run a search on the "forumstyle.css" - looks like it was left there from version 2.2

Look at theme/forum/layout/block_header.thtml and remove
Text Formatted Code

<head>
    <link rel='stylesheet' href='{layout_url}/forum/forumstyle.css' type='text/css'>
</head>

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Schtonk: BTW, can you clear up where the additional-forums.css should be copied to?

Copy the information in the additional-forums.css to what file? Forumstyle.css or the style.css?

That did the trick, Thank you very much!

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
Quote by Blaine: Just need to run a search on the "forumstyle.css" - looks like it was left there from version 2.2

Look at theme/forum/layout/block_header.thtml and remove
Text Formatted Code

<head>
    <link rel='stylesheet' href='{layout_url}/forum/forumstyle.css' type='text/css'>
</head>

Thanks! I did a search for forumstyle.css through windows search function, but it couldn't find the phrase
weird

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content