Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

an good realtime messenger for geeklog

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
I have been using this mod for some time now on my phpbb forums, but as I have moved to the Geeklog forum plugin, I am not able to use it anymore.. It's a real-time messenger. It acts in a similar way as MSN Messenger. A popup window will notify you instantly when you receive a message. You can leave the messenger window open and close your geeklog page and still receive messages from other users on your site..

You can see it in action here:
http://darkmods.sourceforge.net/mb/index.php

login: geeklog
password: passw88

what do you think? is it possible to make it part of geeklog? Of course with permission of the author if required..

notivaga

Forum User
Why don´t you convert it in an "official" plugin for geeklog? I think that would be a great contribution to all. It is my sugggestion.

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
well.. I think my php knowledge is not that good

I don't even know where to start.. maybe it is just a matter of changing some table references.. i don't know

notivaga

Anonymous
There is a manual for geeklog plugins here. It is made for dummies, like I.

Just by following all steps, I could create a Plugin. I did not publish yet, but is is easy. It is time consuming, of course.

But when you finish, you feel you did something that reaaly can help the commnunity. Try it. It is very important!

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content