Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 03:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL Error

David1

Forum User
Need some help here. Anyone know anything about a SQL error. I got this.
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
This is an error during security privilege look-up in lib-security.php. What were you doing at the time you got the error? Had you recently added or removed some security groups? If so what and why?
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

David1

Anonymous
I was putting it fresh. Did I do something wrong there? It's the geeklog-1.3.9sr1 I put in today.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by David1: Did I do something wrong there?

That depends on what you actually did, so please tell us.

A quick search indicates that a few people had the same problem before (see here for example), but no one really gave enough information to help us figure out what the problem was.

bye, Dirk

David1

Anonymous
Here's what I did. I download the program. Used WinRar ro unzip it. Then use the FTP to send it to my Web Site. When I go to the www.mysite.com/admin/install/success that's what it did. I did nothing at all just put in my SQL Info and the site info only. I thought I did something wrong. Maybe you know what it is. Should I dump it and redown the program. Redo everything from fresh.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, two things I could think of (both rather unlikely, though):

1. Something went wrong during the install (but you should have seen an error message then). Try dropping the database and run the install script again. Make sure you have 40 tables in your database afterwards and that they are not empty (specifically, the gl_access table).
  2. In case you had some other script running under the same domain name before, you may have a cookie stored in your browser that somehow interferes here. For example, Geeklog uses a cookie named "password" - if you already have such a cookie from some other script, it may confuse Geeklog. Try deleting cookies or rename Geeklog's cookies (in config.php).

bye, Dirk

David1

Anonymous
I had another program in there before. Is that the problem. I'm using the same one that I had site up and running. I left all the scripts in there. Should I leave them or take them out.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by David1: Is that the problem.

Well, that's what I'm trying to find out. I don't know what the problem is, so I tried to come up with some possible explanations and now I'm asking you to check if any of those could apply to your setup. So please go through my above post again.

You don't need to remove those other scripts. If it really is a case of a cookie naming collision (which we don't know yet), then, as I said, you can rename Geeklog's cookies to avoid that.

bye, Dirk

jason575

Anonymous
I got the same problem today. It is on a fresh server that has never had anything loaded on it. I used the auto install option in my web hosting control panel. So I am not sure what went wrong. I removed it and tried some other weblog systems.. no problem.. problem is this is the one I want!!

Jason

David1

Anonymous
Ok here what it said after I dump and reload them back in. Warning:Zero Files Can't Load. it has that 2 times in the reload. Is that normal or not.

David1

Anonymous
Ok i'm in now. I find out what is wrong. Now I got this when I go in to Admin and the Get Published.

Table 'dave966_geeklog.gl_submitspeedlimit' doesn't exist SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_submitspeedlimit WHERE date
error in get_userdata

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_sessions WHERE uid =

The 3 I got there. On the Submitspeedlimit. Do I delete the whole thing in Config?

mary

Anonymous

I keep getting this message whenever I try to enter space.com message boards...does anyone know what it means?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db.int.space.com' (61) in /storage/web/boards.space.com/docs/mysql.inc.php on line 35
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /storage/web/boards.space.com/docs/mysql.inc.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /storage/web/boards.space.com/docs/mysql.inc.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /storage/web/boards.space.com/docs/mysql.inc.php on line 83

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /storage/web/boards.space.com/docs/mysql.inc.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /storage/web/boards.space.com/docs/mysql.inc.php on line 83

ibrahim

Anonymous
it seems like some table name mismatch. there is a similar table called gl_speedlimit.

seems like geeklog is looking for gl_submitspeedlimit.

i created the 2 identical tables and the error disappeared.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content