Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 01:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Batch import problems

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
Hello,

I have problems with importing users into Geeklog..

I have these errors in my log file:

[Thu Jun 17 04:27:21 2004] [error] PHP Warning: importusers(/home/sitename/system/classes/ upload.class.php) [function.importusers]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/sitename/www/admin/user.php on line 473
[Thu Jun 17 04:27:21 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: importusers() [function.importusers]: Failed opening required '/home/sitename/system/classes/ upload.class.php' (include_path='/home/sitename/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/sitename/www/admin/user.php on line 473

I don't know what these errors mean..

computerade

Forum User
Chatty
Make sure the file permissions in that files path are set correctly.

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
well.. first I tried to do it without any modifications, but I got an error that my /home/sitename was not writable and I don't think I can do anything about it.. because how can I change permission of my home directory?

So I did the modification like mentioned here by lcox:
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=17294

but then I got a message that the user upload directory doesn't exist, but it does exist..

so now I am completely lost

Is it true the batch import function of Geeklog just is not working at all or is it just me?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by geeklog-fan: Is it true the batch import function of Geeklog just is not working at all or is it just me?

It is working, but the upload directory it uses is obviously not a good choice. I guess we need some sort of "data" directory somewhere ...

bye, Dirk

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk,

I hope it will works some other time

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Dirk

I just realised that Batch Import has problems. I have not been using this feature for a while. I am sure that the previous version (prior to 1.3.9sr1) Batch Import (Submit New users) worked. However, with my current version of 1.3.9sr1, it gives me this error message:

ERRORS
Specified upload directory, /home/www/seacus/ exists but is not writable
No Upload Directory Specified, use setPath() method

I read through the previous postings but cannot understand what really need to be changed. permissions to a directory or modification to config.php or user.php. Also, I can't quite make out what you are saying when you suggested:
It is working, but the upload directory it uses is obviously not a good choice. I guess we need some sort of "data" directory somewhere ... [Dated 17 June]

Can you please help us understand what needs to be fixed to get Batch Import working.
Thank you
PS: If this problem is fixed with Rel 1.3.9sr2, please let me know. I intend to work on the patches next week. Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by barrywong: Can you please help us understand what needs to be fixed to get Batch Import working.

Geeklog is trying to upload the file to the directory where config.php resides. This directory, however, is often the "root" directory of a user's account on shared hosting sites and people often can not change the permissions for that directory.

So this is a design error in Geeklog. It will be fixed in Geeklog 1.3.10, where we introduce a data directory (on the same level as config.php, so that people can change the permissions for that directory).

bye, Dirk

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Dirk, Gotcha! Thanks for the swift response. And thanks for putting all the effort to support us. Greatly appreciated.

machinari

Forum User
so in the mean time, while you are all waiting for 1.3.10, you can fix this issue yourselves by changing the upload path in admin/user.php like this:

go to "function importusers($file)" and find " $upload->setPath($_CONF['path']);" and a few lines later, " $filename = $_CONF['path'] . 'user_import_file.txt';"

now just change $_CONF['path'] in both instances to a more convenient location, make it writable, and you're off and running.

barrywong

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thank you machinari

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content