Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 05:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't log in or create users

marcg

Forum User
Junior
I've been all over the forums for the last few days, and although lots of people seem to have problems logging in and getting php or mysql errors, I can't find any answers to my problem.

I've installed several Geeklog-based sites on commercial servers, and decided to set up a personal site on my G4. Everything seems to have installed fine, but I can't log on with one of the default users or create a new user; I keep ending up at the signon page.

I've looked for white space in config.php and lib-common.php, checked the logs, made sure my databases were ok, etc. but can't figure out what's going on. I don't get any error messages at all.

Because I believe my ISP, Cox, blocks Port 80, I've set up forwarding to Port 8080 with Zoneedit.com and this seems to work fine. The same problem occurs if i access the site via the machine's local IP, so that can't be the problem. I've also read the FAQ and set $_CONF['cookiedomain'] in config.php to '.ars-ex-machina.com'; which is the site's domain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to pay for a commercial server for a personal site when I know my Mac should be able to host it just fine.

Marc
How you look depends on where you've been (!)

marcg

Forum User
Junior
An Update:

Checked and double-checked php.ini and even replaced it with a copy from an up-and-running geeked site. Still can't log in or create users.

marcg

Forum User
Junior
More info

Just in case anyone's going to ask me this: YES, register_globals = On. I've also gone through the mailing list archives and found a couple of people recently having these same problems, but I don't see any answers.

If anyone can help me, please let me know what to post or send to you: my config.php, php.ini, whatever. Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content