Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 05:01 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Anonymous can edit articles

taualex

Forum User
sad
Greetings,

We have recently made a clean install of v 1.3.9 and I've notised an anomaly. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a configuration problem...
Well, the problem is that anonimous users can see articles and topics restricted to only members, even more, anonymous users have an edit link for each article and they can edit it! :/

How can I fix it?

Thank you!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did someone manipulate the permissions for the anonymous user or the All Users group?

That's actually not possible from within Geeklog, unless you install, for example, Blaine's permissions block or make the changes directly in MySQL ...

bye, Dirk

telecosmalaga

Forum User
I am experiencing the same problem on version 1.3.9sr1.

Anonymous user can edit links, stories, users and have full access to the site.

The truth is that I had to import a users database from Postnuke so I messed it up a little. I finally set Anonymous uid to 1 as initially and my root user to uid 2. Now everybody has full access to the site. And yes, the "Root" group has only my root user in it. I have been messing around some options and permissions for all groups but had no luck.

Any ideas?

Updated: I have made a new installation (thanks Fantastico :-D) and added the users and stories tables to the new database, it's now working all right. I think it's better than trying to figure out what messed up the database.
Motivation is the key to success

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by telecosmalaga: I finally set Anonymous uid to 1 as initially and my root user to uid 2.

That was a bad idea (as you found out). There's a table assigning the permissions to the individual users, and it's based on the uids. So when you swap two uids, you swap those users' permissions ...

Quote by telecosmalaga: Updated: I have made a new installation

Good idea.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:01 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content