Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Weather plugin

HAngfire

Anonymous
I am having an issue with the weather plug-in when I go to the “my weather” link and click on it I get the following error messages. The plug-in seems to be working great and this is the only place I get this error and the other user if someone could point me in the right direction to correct this I would appreciate.

Warning: main(../../plugins/weather/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/coffee/public_html/weather/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../plugins/weather/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/coffee/public_html/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/coffee/public_html/weather/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(../../plugins/weather/language/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/coffee/public_html/weather/index.php on line 17

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../plugins/weather/language/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/coffee/public_html/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/coffee/public_html/weather/index.php on line 17

I am slowly working out the bugs in our new geeklog install 1.3.9 and I am very pleased with the product you have taken the time to create and allow the public to use.

Thanks
Hangfire

jazzfunk

Anonymous
Well, I don't know if this is a bug, or you need to put these directories in too many places, but I copied my /weather/plugins directory to my root (or public_html) directory, and those errors went away. I don't know why I should need to put these weather plugin directories in my root, as it confuses organization, but it takes the error away.

Hope this gets straightened out - the directions could be better in showing you what directories are created where.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by jazzfunk: Hope this gets straightened out

Squatty (who's site is down a lot these days ...) recently announced that he doesn't have the time to support his plugins any more.

Since this is Open Source, someone should be able to pick it up. I've never used this plugin myself, but I do see a lot of posts about it, so there certainly is some interest ...

bye, Dirk

taken5.com

Anonymous
hopeful
I figured it out

// load geeklog common stuff
include('../lib-common.php');
include('../../plugins/weather/config.php');
include('../../plugins/weather/language/english.php');

located at /public_html/home/weatherindex.php

remove the duplicate ../../ so it looks like this.

// load geeklog common stuff
include('../lib-common.php');
include('../plugins/weather/config.php');
include('../plugins/weather/language/english.php');

Big Celebration

now to work on the images! Chest-Slam Celebration

racooper

Forum User
Junior
For whatever reason, the weather plugin config is hard-coded to assume that public_html/ is inside geeklog/. To fix this, I changed the following line in every weather plugin file (that included it):

include('../../plugins/weather/config.php');

to

include($_CONF['path'].'plugins/weather/config.php');

I guess I should repackage this (it's the weather_2.0_1.3.8.tar.gz from squatty; http://www.squatty.com/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=214).

samstone

Forum User
Quote by Dirk: Squatty (who's site is down a lot these days ...) recently announced that he doesn't have the time to support his plugins any more.

That's what happens when you get married! Laughing

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content