Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 01:42 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

English.php and other files

knoptop

Forum User
It seems when i try to edit the text in my PHP files, such as English.php (on the latest version of GL) That it causes errors. (errors such as.. cannot modify header, header already sent out by.. bla bla)

What am I doing wrong? I'm editing the files via cpanel, and all i'm doing is changing simple words.

When I upload my edited files from a previous install they work file (with thier edits) but modifying those files as well.. causes errors.

Frustrating.. I can't customize the site like I want. Does anyone know what I can do? is it Cpanel? should I find a PHP editor and only use that?

thanks

knoptop

Forum User
well.. i just downloaded a free php editor and it seemed to have fixed my troubles.

So I guess I should change my question too: "Why does Cpanel not allow me to edit my php files?"

Thanks.

Turias

Forum User
It looks like it adds whitespace to the end of your php files. Unfortunately, you have to be careful with the text-editors you use. Some of them don't play nice with final whitespace.

computerade

Forum User
Chatty
For me, there were certain pieces of text that would return the same error, but when i went further into the file i found the same text and was able to edit them, even though they were exactly the same as the ones i was trying to edit earlier in the file.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:42 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content