Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 11:50 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

gl_projects: install problems with 1.0rc4

Jefficus

Forum User
Chatty
I noticed a couple of small issues.

1) /admin/plugins/projects/index.php is missing an include for lib-common.php

2) After fixing that, attempting to view the index page results in a SQL error. In particular it appears that 'gl_projects.last_release' is an unknown field in the table. Sure enough, a quick peek into mysql shows that there is no such field.

Should I add that field?

This has been an opinion, brought to you by the fine people at Jefficus World.

mthomas

Forum User
1) /admin/plugins/projects/index.php is missing an include for lib-common.php

Opps ok will add that line

2) After fixing that, attempting to view the index page results in a SQL error. In particular it appears that 'gl_projects.last_release' is an unknown field in the table. Sure enough, a quick peek into mysql shows that there is no such field.

The field should be 'gl_projects.proj_lastrelease' If its missing you may have used the RC3 installer which was not adding that field by accident, there is a file gl_projects_1.0RC2_to_1.0rc3.php in the admin fodler that will add the homepage, downloads and proj_lastrelease fields to the database. Else download RC4. Its thats what you have then some diggin on my part is needed to see what missing.

Jefficus

Forum User
Chatty
I downloaded the rc4 and installed from that. I wasn't aware there was an upgrade patch installer. Let me know if you need any more info about my system to debug it.
This has been an opinion, brought to you by the fine people at Jefficus World.

Blaine

Forum User
Michael,

A suggestion would be to also not use generic table names in your plugin such as $_TABLES['table1']. I can just see some odd errors occurring this way.

The normal practice is to use your plugin name in the array key as in: $_TABLES['projects_table1']

Thats my - Keep up the good work

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

mthomas

Forum User
Michael,

A suggestion would be to also not use generic table names in your plugin such as $_TABLES['table1']. I can just see some odd errors occurring this way.

The normal practice is to use your plugin name in the array key as in: $_TABLES['projects_table1']

Thats my - Keep up the good work

Doesn't hurt to make the change just in case :-)

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:50 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content