Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 02:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem with admin options.

leo

Anonymous
I had alot of trouble getting the site to load images when installed to the root directory, which I resolved by changing the site_url = to ' ', because whenever I put the actual site URL, it would try to find the images in: www.example.com/www.example.com/whatever

However, now that it loads properly, when I log i n as Admin and try to access any admin options, it gives me an Internal Server Error that I can't seem to fix.

This problem ONLY occurs when I install it to the root of my webserver, when I installed it the first time, to the install directory (my bad ^_^) it all worked 100% fine.

I made sure everything is pointing to the right paths, all starting from /home. Any clues?

geKow

Forum User
Could it be possible that you mixed url and path entries? I mean set a path where an url is needed and vice versa?

Just an idea geKow

leo

Anonymous
I don't believe so. I'll check through it again, but I didn't modify that much, and besides path_url, I believe all of them were paths, not URLs.

leo

Anonymous
OK, stupid me, got it working didn't set a path that I had moved, I kept overlooking it because the path didn't need to be modified when I installed the first time, but when I moved stuff around, it did require moving

Is there a way to *simply* share the DB between geeklog and phpBB2? I really like phpBB as a forum, and if I could set that up easily (i'm really rather a noob at all this) it'd be great

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content