Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

What is the base theme that Three Lions was based on?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
What is the base theme that Three Lions was based on?

I am setting up a GL and they liked the Three Lions theme. I have been trying to update it to 1.3.9 but am having a few troubles.

Does anyone know what theme Three Lions was inspired by? If I add a left or right block currently it breaks the site.

Thank you

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
OK so I got an email from the author he said he was inspired by the Evolution theme released by www.geeksta.com, seems he is totally down.

I wonder what theme the evolution theme used for inspiration. I can tell you it was not the default Clean theme LOL

Basically what happens is if I create a new block it gets totally buggered up.

I will keep trying different things but if anyone has insights I would appreciate the input.

Thank you
ScurvyDawg

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
OK it looks as though I was able to fix my issue.

Thanks

Robin

Forum User
Hi.
I've been doing some themes updating recently. Looks like it doesn't matter whether a particular theme is based on this or another one. In order to update a theme to the latest version (GL1.3.9) from let say GL1.3.7 what you should do is:
1. Copy all layout dir's (except for images) from any of the 1.3.9 official themes (I used Classic) and overwrite the ones from the theme you want to update (your case Three Lions).
2. Just add all the missing template files from the layout root dir.

The above worked for me just fine. I know that in the meantime you found the issue but maybe it will be usefull for others.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content