Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 10:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Login

Chris

Anonymous
determined
I have recently installed GL on my webspace and i have set up, all the details required i have changed to the cookies url to my true domain name and not my redirect name. I am able to post stuff. But when it comes to logging in i cannot........if i try to log in with a normal user account i am displaed in the 'Users Online Block' but do not have the user functionallity and when i try to login with the Admin account i am taken to the 'Command And Control Page' and immediately sent back to the admin login screen? Any ideas....... my domain is called www.problempc.co.uk or http://m02.modserver.com/~gilly/ (true domain)

Thanks in advance!

chris

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you work your way through this FAQ entry yet?

bye, Dirk

Chris

Anonymous
Yes i have worked my way through this post and i am still unsuccessful in signing in!

Chris

Anonymous
angry
Im still having problems with the login section of my site, plz some one help me, i have wroked my way through the forums and i am still not inl uck, i have tried re-installing the but the problem is still there!
Help plz

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
At the moment, your site is sending out cookies with an ip address for the domain:
Text Formatted Code
GET /~gilly/ HTTP/1.0
Host: m02.modserver.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 16:05:08 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.4
Set-Cookie: LastVisit=1084118713; expires=Mon, 09-May-05 16:05:13 GMT; path=/; domain=65.254.38.186
Set-Cookie: LastVisitTemp=deleted; expires=Sat, 10-May-03 16:05:12 GMT; path=/; domain=65.254.38.186
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

However, as explained in the FAQ, the domain in the cookie must match the actual domain name of your site.

You may want to set $_CONF['cookiedomain'] accordingly.

bye, Dirk

Chris

Anonymous
sleepy
I have reset the cookie domain, to my site and i am still unsuccessful at logging in! I have tried both my forwarding address and my actual address.

Any other suggestions?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What did you enter for the $_CONF['cookiedomain'] variable? At the moment, I get
Text Formatted Code
Set-Cookie: LastVisit=1084212109; expires=Tue, 10-May-05 18:01:49 GMT; path=/; domain=.m02.modserver.com/~gilly

which isn't correct either. Try

$_CONF['cookiedomain'] = '.m02.modserver.com';

bye, Dirk

Chris

Anonymous
blank
I have now changed the Domain Cookie to the address you posted, but i am still unable to login. When i try to as the admin, it sends me to the Admin Control Panel and then sends me straight back to the Admin login page!!

Any other suggestions?

Chris

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk for all your help, i have now managed to log into the site as the admin!
Is there a way around having to use the offical URL, and using the forwarded one insteaded?

Thanks again!
Chris

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Chris: Is there a way around having to use the offical URL, and using the forwarded one insteaded?

Not with the frame redirect that you're currently using for the 'problempc' domain.

bye, Dirk

Chris

Anonymous
happy
Thanks again Dirk! I have now taken the frame redirect of my domain and everything seems to be working great!! Thx again

Chris

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content