Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Login/Authentication stress tool issue.

mjh

Anonymous
Hi Guys,

I am trying to test the geeklog code under stress conditions with a web load tool. We are trying to see how much Geeklog can scale to determine what hardware platform to buy. I have tried using the Microsoft Stress Tool and the Paessler web stress tool to load the system.

When the GeekLog site is stressed with either of these tools, a strange condition occurs with authentication.

-So I run the stress tool on one machine. (200 concurrent users, Microsoft Stress Tool)
-I login to the site with another machine (while the stress tool is running on a separate box).
-I authenticate okay under a different User ID. And my session is a little slow but still clickable.
-After navigating around, I get thrown out to a login screen.
- All of the PCs and servers are on a local network segment

I get the login block appearing along with an error stating that you have to be logged in to access this article.

What's interesting is when I tried to do the same test using the paessler web stress tool (at 10 users), I was able to replicate the above behavior.

NOTE: I havr GeekLog running well on the following boxes. I have two scenerios setup :
1. RedHat Enterprise Server 3.0 and Apache 2.048 (Dell Blade Server, GL and MySQL on a single blade (dual processor Pentium 3))
2. Windows 2000 and IIS. (Separate pentium 3.2 box)

I noticed that someone posted something on the website sometime ago about experiencing the a similiar issue with phpbb.
I was digging through the GeekLog code and read that some of the code was shared between these two applications.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or has anyone seen anything like this before? I do think this is a serious issue with the code.

Any help would be appreciated.

mjh

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content