Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 12:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Timezone

Timezone

Anonymous
Hi al,

Anyone how to change the clock settings in forum and the chatterblock. Want to use 24hours format?

Tyvm Smile

Timezone

Anonymous
anyone got any clues?

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by Timezone: Hi al,

Anyone how to change the clock settings in forum and the chatterblock. Want to use 24hours format?

Tyvm Smile

Is that not part of the users prefs?

timezone

Anonymous
Not as far as i can see. If you change in the Geeklog the forum doesnt change with it.. Question

Blaine

Forum User
Usually plugins should use the UserDefined DateFormat but I found when doing the forum project the default date format was usually not changed. It was the longest line wrapping format and really messed up the layout since there was a number of fields to display in a topic or forum listing.

But -- I left the code in place to allow sites to revert back to use-defined formats. You enable this by a setting in the public/forum/include/config.php
Text Formatted Code

$UserDateTimePref = false;      // Set true to enable Acct Preference setting for date/time format

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

geKow

Forum User
I don't think that this is usefull, since my standard date format is like " Dienstag, 20. April 2004, 16:46 Uhr CEST " what really looks afwull inside the forum. Wha can't there be an option for the forum, having the short US or the short european dateformat?

Or, maybe two settings for geeklog, long and short dateformat and the plugin chooses the one it needs?

Is there a place I can change the forum date format 'by hand'? (for now)

geKow

timzone

Anonymous
Actually it works for me, now i just have to figure how to change the default timezone for the site so all my users dont have to manually change it.. Anyone knows that?

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content