Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:52 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Older Stories block not displayed

jlz

Forum User
I've recently discovered geeklog, what a great tool! But I have one small problem : the older stories block is not displayed, even though it's enabled for all. As a matter of facts I don't think it was ever displayed.. I've searched thid site, tried a few things but couldn't find out the reason.
I am using 1.3.9, fresh install. Any idea?
thanks much

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
How many stories do you have? The Older Stories block will list those stories that have just been pushed off the main index page.

For example, per default, Geeklog will display 10 stories per page. Once you have 11 stories in your database, the first (oldest) story will appear in the Older Stories block.

bye, Dirk

Jerome

Anonymous
I have 23 stories at the moment, 10 displayed on main page.
I've tried changing the limitnews variable, but it didn't have any effect, "older stories" still not there...

FWIW, I have changed the "older stories" block name to "archives" a while ago when I started building my site. It can't be the reason I suppose!

thanks
jerome

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You can change the block title, but the block name must remain "older_stories".

Try going to the Admin's block menu, editing the block, and, without changing anything, saving it again.

bye, Dirk

jlz

Forum User
Sorry for the wording : I changed the title, but not the name which is still "older_stories".
I tried your suggestion, edited/saved the block, but no luck. what could I try next?
Thanks for your help!

Jerome

drago

Forum User
Older stories block will only display stories viewable by anonymous users. If you don't have any such stories, the block will naturally be empty. Since my own site requires everyone to be a member, I updated olderStuff() in public/lib-common.php to replace the two references to perm_anon to perm_members. Also, make sure the block is not available to anonymous users. Once you do this, then older stories that aren't visible to anonymous users will be visible to members.

enrico

Anonymous
Hi, in my Geeklog installation (version 1.3.8 sr4) the older stories block works ok as a left block, but not as a right block

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:52 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content