Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 08:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal error when changing user data

kaptainkaffeine

Anonymous
I'm fresh out of what should have been a new installation and having just a little trouble.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: isvalidinetaddress() in /my/path/to/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 3164

...is what I see every time I try to change the settings of existing users (Admin and Moderator) and also whenever I try to add a new user. I've reuploaded lib-common.php, user.php, users.php, config.php many times. I fixed a similar problem just a few minutes ago by reuploading the 1.3.9 version of the file causing the error, but this doesn't seem to want to quit.

I'm using SSH to connect to a unix server, also. As far as my geeklog version, well, I thought I installed 1.3.9, but at the bottom of the site it says "Powered By GeekLog v1.3.8-1sr4", so this confuses me also. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Turias

Forum User
If that is your version, it looks like you might have an old version of the config.php file. The one included in 1.3.9 should have the correct version set near the end of the file.

If that still doesn't fix your problem, you could try disabling pear (in config.php). Some people seem to have experienced your problem when pear is active. Do a forum search for isvalidinetaddress. There are quite a few posts on the subject.

Good luck!

vbgunz

Forum User
I've got to reply... I did not reply to this message nor did I subscribe to watch it and I got an email about it Anybody have an idea?

This might relate to this message also in which I've gotten a reply but not asked to watch it...
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=32665
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content