Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 18 2024 @ 09:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can not edit my own posts

intmoves

Forum User
I have setup two geeklog sites and I'm experiencing the same problem with both (running (1.3.8-1sr4 in both cases) :

When I'm logged in as a user with StoryAdmin rights then I can post a story but I'm not able to edit my own story afterwards. Strangely enough Geeklog shows an edit-link on my own articles, but clicking this edit-link gives me an error
Text Formatted Code

Access Denied
You are trying to access a story that you don't have rights to. This attempt has been logged. You may view the article in read-only below.
Please go back to the story administration screen when you are done.

When I log in as Admin with root access I can (obviously) edit the story.

I've been looking around the config.php file for a setting that might handle this but didn't find anything.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try the FAQ next time (or the search function, as that has been discussed before).

bye, Dirk

intmoves

Forum User
Dirk,

I did a search first but it didn't come up with something usefull. Didn't look at the FAQ though.

I tried exactly what is mentioned in the FAQ you point me to, but to no avail. I still can not edit my own posts. I tried to add my personal login to the topicAdmin group also, still no result.

So far the only way I can edit my own stories is by giving myself root authorization Cry

Mu Satach

Forum User
Junior
I am having exactly the same problem.
Using 1.3.8-1sr4.

I have specifically given my story admins the rights to edit their stories.
When I publish the story I check the box that allows the group edit.
I see the Edit link on the story box.
When I view the stories through the admin it says I have edit rights, but I'm getting the same "Access Denied" message.
Frown
Ni!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Please check your topic permissions (as explained in the FAQ).

That the story may be listed with "edit" permission even if you can't edit it (because of the topic permissions) is a bug in 1.3.8 and has been fixed in 1.3.9.

bye, Dirk

Mu Satach

Forum User
Junior
D'oh! Oops!

Too much coffee, too little sleep... missed that one little check box on the group edit in the topic setup.

Thanks for your help. Smile
Ni!

intmoves

Forum User
Quote by Mu Satach: D'oh! Oops!

Too much coffee, too little sleep... missed that one little check box on the group edit in the topic setup.

Wow, that one got by me also. And indeed it fixes the problem. I have to say that the permission system in Geeklog is very flexible but it takes some 'getting used to it' Cool

Nevertheless, Geeklog is great. I even posted that as the first story on my personal (Geeklog) website.

Thanks Dirk and Mu...

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content