Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 10:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrade problem

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
When I go to the 3rd page for geeklog's installation, I get this

Warning: inst_dodatabaseupgrades(/home/shadowru/public_html/geeklog/sql/updates/mysql_1.3.8_to_1.3.9.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shadowru/public_html/geeklog/public_html/admin/install/install.php on line 491

What is wrong?
Bla bla bla

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure you've uploaded that file. It is included in the 1.3.9rc1 tarball ...

bye, Dirk

FreakWorld

Anonymous
I think you have your URL's set wrong in the cofig.
That is unless you do have copy URL's.
/public_html/geeklog/public_html/

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '( fid int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, type varchar(30

Now I get the above problem.
Bla bla bla

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
Anyone know how to fix the above problem? I really really need to fix this fast.
Bla bla bla

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The error seems to be coming from the first line in the update file (that you seemed to be missing in your earlier post). There's nothing wrong with the syntax in that file, though.

I'd suggest double-checking that you did indeed upload / replace all the new files, restoring the database from your backup and trying again ...

bye, Dirk

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
I am running 1.3.8-1sr3 and I am getting dummy error when I go back to my original files.

*** dummy entry ***
Tue Feb 24 21:04:58 2004 - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_inblock' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_content,sp_title,sp_format,sp_php,sp_inblock FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) ORDER BY sp_id
Tue Feb 24 21:05:35 2004 - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_inblock' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_content,sp_title,sp_format,sp_php,sp_inblock FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) ORDER BY sp_id
Tue Feb 24 21:05:39 2004 - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_inblock' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_content,sp_title,sp_format,sp_php,sp_inblock FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) ORDER BY sp_id

Anyways, I went to upgrade and it still got the same error as from my previous post. Finally, I restored my newer files and I get the same error.
Bla bla bla

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ShdwRulr: Tue Feb 24 21:05:39 2004 - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_inblock' in 'field list'.

When are you getting this error (your post isn't clear on this)? "sp_inblock" is a new field in the Static Pages plugin 1.4 that's included with 1.3.9rc1.

To me, this still looks like you're mixing files (and the database) from old and new versions ...

bye, Dirk

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
O nuts! I was hoping to keep the static pages. Thanks I got it working now. You are awsome man.
Bla bla bla

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content