Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Tables in Static Pages

mr. kalin

Anonymous
curious
I'm trying to set up a page for statistics for a sports team, much like this one. The problem is that the table would be edited every few days to update the various statistics.

I know I could just continue writing in the html every time, but my other site users - the ones that do most of the updating - are wysiwyg types and couldn't work on those tables. Does anyone have a suggestion, or can point me to a way of setting up tables in a simpler way? Or perhaps some kind of visual table editor?

Just (hopeful) thought, thanks.

~Kalin

kalin

Anonymous
*bump*

soydog

Forum User
Chatty
I'm also looking for some kind of solution to integrate a sports statistics table editing ability with geeklog.

But since there doesn't seem to be any easy solution, I'm planning on just using the examples I mentioned on this thread. I'd still love to see something like that integrated within geeklog.
Anarchist Football Network - http://www.passionbomb.com/soccer
"If I can't play soccer, I want no part of your revolution."

Chalkhillian

Forum User
Chatty
There's a few ways to go on this. If you search the forims for HTMLAREA , you'll find a WYSIWYG table editor that's pretty safe for end users. What I do on my hockey site here is the League package called Diamond Scheduler from Cactusware regens the HTML after all the stats are input and then I do a cut/paste into the static page. It has a results output that looks very much like the one you pointed to at the Gulls site.

samstone

Forum User
Life's much easier than a few months ago since the HTMLArea 3.0rc1 is realeased. Download it here and just plug it in according to the instruction on the file called reference.html.

Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content