Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 05:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Version 2.3 Update

Blaine

Forum User
Over the past month, I have been publishing updates and releasing test versions of the new Forum plugin v2.3 on my site portalparts.com

This new release contains a number of new features and bug fixes from the 2.2 release which are detailed on my site and in the install_doc. I've just upgraded the forum here as well for one final week of testing and if all is well then I can release it next week.

Key Features or changes:
  1. Security code to filter out hostile URL and Post attempts
  2. Enhanced theme templates and CSS to make it easier to theme
  3. New logic and formatting of code and quote blocks
  4. Story migration tool integrated - even migrate stories in the submission queue
  5. New Sortable topic view, new Memberlist view
  6. Enhanced moderator management
This has been a very active testing period with quite a few of my sitemembers helping out with the testing. You can review the details online at my site and get the latest version for testing. I will include any updated language files that I receive by next Friday in the archive.

This release has been 6 months in the works and countless hours. If you would like to help me out or show your appreciation, you can contribute on my site or purchase glMessenger which was released as an alternative to help with the hours needed to support my GL projects. Even a $5.00 donation helps offset the time required to actively support these projects.

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

DTrumbower

Forum User
Thanks for the one link to change all forums to read.

RickW

Forum User
Are threads/posts in the forum searchable by the same search routine for GeekLog stories - as in, will I get results for both?
www.antisource.com

Turias

Forum User
yes

Blaine

Forum User
dizzy
Hum ... there seams to be little interest in this update. So I've put this project on hold.

destr0yr

Forum User
Blaine,

I am very interested in seeing this plugin released as final. As you are running GL1.3.8-1sr4 and RC3 of the forum, try going into your account settings and making changes to any of the additional fields (icq, msn etc) and save it. It does not save... Reverting back to sr3 seems to work... Neutral Question
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

destr0yr

Forum User
did anybody else notice this? or are the BC grown greens finally getting to me? Neutral Eek! Cool
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

FreakWorld

Anonymous
fix has been posted here

Turias

Forum User
Well, I finally got around to updating to Geeklog 1.3.8sr4 and Forum 2.3RC3, and with the fix mentioned above, everything seems to work great! No problems at all.

How far away are you from releasing 2.3 final?

Blaine

Forum User
I'm hoping to have some more time this week to wrap it up. More time can help flesh out any problems. There still does not appear to be much interest other then a few dedicated users Rolling Eyes

FreakWorld

Anonymous
Blaine, just an Idea.
You may want to put a upgrade link for the forums and other programs. Something like geek log has.
A lot of people don't have time to keep up with the updates. That way they know it's time to see whats up.

ndarlow

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Blaine:There still does not appear to be much interest other then a few dedicated users Rolling Eyes

I was waiting for forum-2.2-final before updating one of my sites to Geeklog-1.3.8. I then held off for forum-2.3-final. Please do release this update as I'd rather run a final version over a RC on my sites.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content