Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 07:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

General Happyness and Cookies

Poppet

Forum User
Hi Wink

After looking around for weeks for something I could use on my site, testing out systems like PHP-Nuke, XOOPS, E-XOOPS and PostNuke, I came across Geeklog and I must say I am so impressed with the quality of the coding and overall stability of the system.

I love the downloads available to make Geeklog even more feature packed, it is so cool how you have created your own forum for Geeklog! Smile

And you don't need a PHD in rocket science to use Geeklog. It seems to have all the features without the steep learning curve. Cool

The only problem I had after installation was to do with Cookie Sessions. I tried everything suggested but I kept logging in and being told 'Access Denied'.

It seems I fixed it by turning Zone Alarm off.

This morning I turned my PC on, tried to log on and had the same cookie problems again so I turned off Zone Alarm again and bingo, no cookie problems.

Luke

Anonymous
Seems like it might be just what I'm looking for, but I'll probably never know. I'm trying to install on my Mac (OS X 10.3.9) but I can't log in. There is a problem with the cookies in that they are not passed to my browser (tried various, IE5.2, Firefox 1.04, Camino). I've tried fiddling with the config file and playing with the path and cookie variables to no avail. This is driving me nuts. Mad

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Luke: I've tried fiddling with the config file and playing with the path and cookie variables to no avail.

Have you checked for whitespace?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content