Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 02:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Story Submission Delay

DaxCorps

Forum User
Every time I submit a new story it takes about 15 minutes for it to come up anywhere. I have gone through the config.php file and set all of the speed limit variables where they look like they should be and it is still taking way too long to post. I would like for the story to come up immediately after posting. Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Postings by the (Story) Admin should come up immediately (likewise if you switch off the story submission queue for regular users).

Could this be a caching issue on your side?

bye, Dirk

DaxCorps

Forum User
I don't think it's a cache issue. I have emptied the cache and refreshed several times after I submit a new story and it still takes around 15 minutes. I am logged in as Admin and no story, featured or unfeatured will show on the front page or in the topic pages. Everything does show up eventually though, and in its right place.

jsignal

Anonymous
I had a similar problem once, but the delay was hours. Our MySQL server runs on a different physical server than the web server does. The time on the two systems was out of sync. It might be one thing to check.

Quads

Forum User
Junior
Any follow up to this issue?
Resolved? Still ongoing? Solution?

1000ideen

Forum User
As it says above, it was a server problem, they were out of time. You can see the time very well if you ftp some files and look at the date and time on the server files. Then tell your support to correct the time or if it is a different time zone use the $_CONF['timezone']

Quads

Forum User
Junior
Quote by: 1000ideen

As it says above, it was a server problem, they were out of time. You can see the time very well if you ftp some files and look at the date and time on the server files. Then tell your support to correct the time or if it is a different time zone use the $_CONF['timezone']

As the anon. poster said, he had a similar problem. I didn't read that as a solution as there was no follow up from the OP.

I'll dig around with my service providor and read up on the $_CONF['timezone']. I seem to have developed about a 5 minute delay between posting a new story.

Thanks for the input.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content