Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 09 2024 @ 09:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Unusal problem with mysql

Rintho

Forum User
This appears to be a mysql problem. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about mysql. It appears to have started on the 1st or 2nd (I don't know if that is relevant). When trying to access the site normally with a web browser at:
http://www.progardenbiz.com/public_html/index.php
I get an error that reads:
1062: Duplicate entry '2004' for key 5

That was the error code today. On Friday it was different, something like:
1062: Duplicate entry 1 for key 1 (that may not be exact).

Oddly, the error happens when trying to view the page from my work, but I can view the site from home just fine. The Visitors Stats show no visitors today.

I would appreciate it if others would see if they can see the site and/or if anyone knows what this error means and how to fix it.

Thanks, Steve

Rintho

Forum User
I searched this site for the term "1062" and found that others have also had this problem. One user wrote:

"I found it's the user Statistics plugin causing the error I had my site do that just yesterday too... bug in code? Here's what i did. There's a table called gl_ignoreip which contains all the ip's the stats engine will ignore. add your ip to there, or update it to the one you're currently using (dynamic ip) Then you should be able to access the site like normal. Now go and turn off the Stats logging plugin. Not sure what a solution for it is, but at least it gets the site back up. (coadmin - Queen's University Sci'06)"

Since I had already set the Stats to ignore my IP that would explain why I could access the site from home. I disabled the Stats plugin and that seems to have solved the problem (I logged in remotely to work and checked from there and can see the site fine now).

No one ever answered the question of why the Stats plugin does this and if it can be corrected. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content