Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 09:59 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

File Upload Errors Upload of mweb2.jpg failed.

Alex

Anonymous
Hello friends,

I'm trying to upload an image to an article but I got the following error message :

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/magicweb/public_html/images/articles/20031230171048721_1.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/restricted/home/magicweb) in /home/restricted/home/magicweb/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 457

Warning: chmod(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/magicweb/public_html/images/articles/20031230171048721_1.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/restricted/home/magicweb) in /home/restricted/home/magicweb/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 551

Can someone help me? What do I need to do in order to allow the upload? Is this a permission problem? But I don't know what directories to change permission for.

Thanks in advance. My best regards
Alex.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like your webhost and locked down where you can store images. I would first start asking them if there are such restrictions and assuming there are we may need to make the location of where Geeklog stores images to be configurable.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Alex

Anonymous
Quote by Tony: Sounds like your webhost and locked down where you can store images. I would first start asking them if there are such restrictions and assuming there are we may need to make the location of where Geeklog stores images to be configurable.

Hello Tony,

Thanks for help. I just like to know why is has been locked since the dir used to store images is located at /home/magicweb/public_html/images/articles/ ... If I open a FTP connection I can upload a file to that location.

Is this the correct location Geeklog uses to upload a image to reffer to an article?

Thanks!

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
The open_basedir is a restriction based on the user. In the case you do an FTP, you are using your user ID and are allowed to do that fine. However, Geeklog runs under what ever user ID the webserver your host is using is set to. For example, on my RedHat box, my Apache process runs as the user apache. The open_basedir is probably not allowed to let the web server user write files to the webtree like that but your ID can. Hope that makes sense.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Alex

Anonymous
Quote by Tony: The open_basedir is a restriction based on the user. In the case you do an FTP, you are using your user ID and are allowed to do that fine. However, Geeklog runs under what ever user ID the webserver your host is using is set to. For example, on my RedHat box, my Apache process runs as the user apache. The open_basedir is probably not allowed to let the web server user write files to the webtree like that but your ID can. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Tony, I've forwared your comments to my ISP. Happy new year!

Regards
Alex.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content