Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Leaving Comments in 1.3.8

Equalib

Forum User
freakingout
I try to leave a comment on a story or topic and I get this error:
An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

And when I go to my logs/error.log I get this message:
Sun Dec 21 20:57:21 2003 - 1146: Table 'homemade_elitechampion.gl_blocks' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT onleft,name FROM gl_blocks WHERE is_enabled = 1
Sat Dec 27 02:14:57 2003 - 1146: Table 'homemade_elitechampion.gl_commentspeedlimit' doesn't exist. SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_commentspeedlimit WHERE date < unix_timestamp() - 45

Kriptonic

Forum User
Sounds to me like that table didn't install during installation. Dirk a solution please!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If the gl_blocks table doesn't exist, you can't even call up the index page. Also, gl_commentspeedlimit isn't used in Geeklog 1.3.8 any more, so I really have to wonder what you (= the original poster) are doing there ...

More information, please!

bye, Dirk

Equalib

Forum User
I did a fresh install of 1.3.8. I even purged my database. This is the only reference to

// Comment Settings
$_CONF['commentspeedlimit'] = 45;

I can find in the config file. I did not have this problem before and I followed the install to a T. Everything else seems to be working fine. This only occurs when I want to post a comment to geeklog.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Equalib: This only occurs when I want to post a comment to geeklog.

Of course, since that is the point where it checks the comment speed limit.

Geeklog 1.3.8 uses one generic speed limit table (in the database), while 1.3.7 and earlier versions used separate tables for comment and story speed limits. Since it seems to try to access the (old) gl_commentspeedlimit table, I can only assume that you're using a 1.3.7 version of comment.php on a 1.3.8 database or something like that.

I just checked the 1.3.8-1sr3 tarball and it does have the correct comment.php in it. I have no idea where you may have gotten the wrong file from. Try replacing the comment.php again.

Also, $_CONF['commentspeedlimit'] doesn't have anything to do with your problem - that's only the value for the speed limit, i.e. how many seconds have to elapse between two posts from the same user / IP.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content