Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 01:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

mysql_connect isn't defined

Galacticroot

Anonymous
When I try to do anything that interfaces with MySQL, I get "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www-data/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 108"

This server is running Debian, and has php4 installed with APT. I installed php4-mysql, but it doesn't seem to be working. APT did define it as an extension in PHP4's INI files in /etc/php4/apache/php.ini and /etc/php4/cgi/php.ini. I've just started learning PHP, so I'm not sure if there is anything else I need to do manually to enable mysql support.

I'd rather not compile PHP from source unless I have to since its nice to be able to update it with APT.

Galacticroot

Anonymous
Okay, nevermind. I spent hours running test programs, reinstalling and recompiling things, tracing the problem down to its source, and finally realized that I had forgotten to restart Apache. I thought the APT script would have done that for me if needed, but oh well. It seems to work now.

It looks pretty neat. I was going to write my own weblog program in Perl, but I guess I won't have to now.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content