Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 11:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Story Edit Issue and Secondary Question

mshuler

Forum User
Hello all,

Excellent CMS! - I have been testing many for a site that my wife can maintain without coding, and I am very happy, now. Nicely documented, and a perfectly easy install.

I have come across one issue that I have not been able to track down, and is not related to register_globals, etc. - all works really well, in general. I have modified some of the default configs in config.php, but nothing unusual - a diff can be provided, if needed, but it's just a few 1/0 changes. Prior to modifying several entries, story edit worked OK, if I recall correctly, and I have gone back and forth on most of the entries, testing.

Any user, with the exception of Admin cannot edit their own story, after it has been posted. At submission time, the standard Moderator can edit a story, but once posted, cannot edit. Permissions say I have edit Access (and Author, in some cases) - click on edit, and I get:

"You are trying to access a story that you don't have rights to. This attempt has been logged. You may view the article in read-only below. Please go back to the story administration screen when you are done."

No errors are logged in the apache or geeklog log - only a "GET /admin/story.php?mode=edit&sid=20031207xxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1"... in the apache access log.

I have gone through config.php several times line-by-line,, looking for something that may conflict, but nothing looks obvious.

---

The secondary question comes from the system message that the "attempt has been logged": where? It does not appear in the logs or stats.

Thanks in advance for the advice and suggestions!

Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler

mshuler

Forum User
Hehe... I had searched on a bunch of keywords, and just hit the answer to my first question:

http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=23964

Topic Admin is needed for a user to be able to edit. Gotcha.

OK - second question is still out there - where is this kind of activity logged, per the message?

Thanks again!
Michael Shuler

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It should be logged in the access.log, but from a quick look at the source it looks like it doesn't do that.

Actually, there aren't a lot of calls to COM_accessLog in the entire source, so it's probably missing in other places as well. Can you submit that as a bug report, please?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content