Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

first administration login?

roberto

Forum User
Chatty
Sorry for my english...

I have installed the geeklog (apparently) correctly, and I have arrived to the page success.php.
The instructions say that on the page success.php there are the information for the login, but I have not found to them, or I have not understood to them.

tnx for every help
rob

roberto

Forum User
Chatty
I have read the instructions badly....

but I have a problem, when I try to see the home the answer is a SQL error:

Sat Dec 6 01:58:44 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near '= gl_comments.sid) AND (gl_stories.perm_anon >= 2) AND (gl_stor. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT c
ount(*) AS dups, type, question, gl_stories.title, gl_stories.sid, qid, max(gl_comments.date) as lastdate FROM gl_comments LEFT JOIN g
l_stories ON ((.sid = gl_comments.sid) AND (gl_stories.perm_anon >= 2) AND (gl_stories.draft_flag = 0) AND (tid IN ('General','GeekLog
'))) LEFT JOIN gl_pollquestions ON ((qid = gl_comments.sid) A
ND (gl_pollquestions.perm_anon >= 2)) WHERE (gl_comments.date >= (DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 172800 SECOND))) AND ((((gl_stories.perm_an
on IS NOT NULL))) OR (((gl_pollquestions.perm_anon IS NOT NULL)))) GROUP BY gl_comments.sid ORDER BY 7 DESC LIMIT 15

help....
rob

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Are you on Mac OS X? Here is a thread discussing the same problem (includes a workaround, but no proper solution yet).

bye, Dirk

roberto

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Dirk: Are you on Mac OS X? Here is a thread discussing the same problem (includes a workaround, but no proper solution yet).

bye, Dirk

Hi Dirk, TNX for reply!! :-)

Yes, the OS is Mac OS X
I have replaced the lib-common.php with a fresh copy, and I have modified $_CONF['hidenewcomments'] to 1
Now the geeklog work!!!

But now, hide all the new comments?

tnx! Rob

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by roberto: But now, hide all the new comments?

Yeah, as I said, that is only a workaround. I don't know why it is happening (and why only on MacOS X).

Until someone finds a proper solution, I'm afraid you will have to live without the new comments.

Btw, I am on MacOS X myself and I do not have that problem. But I'm using PHP 4.3.4 (which I compiled myself) and MySQL 4.0.16.

bye, Dirk

roberto

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Dirk: Until someone finds a proper solution, I'm afraid you will have to live without the new comments.

Btw, I am on MacOS X myself and I do not have that problem. But I'm using PHP 4.3.4 (which I compiled myself) and MySQL 4.0.16.

bye, Dirk

Hi Dirk!
uh... live without the comment?? argh...
my site live of comments....

I have a site with many visitors, founded on their comments, and want to use geekog, but without comments it is very difficult

I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.8 (client), php 4.3.0 and MySQL 4.0.12

I have seen other problems with my PHP, and want to update it to 4.3.4 for having also a clean installation, but the Mac is remote and
I have fear to make it from remote with Terminal, I am not sure
to be able.

rob

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by roberto: uh... live without the comment?? argh...

The comments still work, it's just that new comments won't be listed in the "What's New" block.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content