Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:51 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Only left side column and header shows, the rest is blank

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
Is there a simple answer to this? WHen I open my site, sometimes the header and left side shows only, the main area and right blocks are blank.

Any ideas?
Paul

Turias

Forum User
What's the URL?

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
http://santorini.globat.com/~polishtrainer.com/2003/public_html/

is the link...

it happens on and off..its hard to see it for the first time

geKow

Forum User
do you use a mozilla based browser like firebird?

edit: argh.. scratch that posting... now it happend in IE too Oops!

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
I have no idea what you are saying...I will have to post this question all over again, cause someone without any knowledge tries to answer this...

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have no idea what you are saying...I will have to post this question all over again, cause someone without any knowledge tries to answer this...

Trust me Lean4huskytop, posting comments like the one above is not likely to lead people to help you. This is a fairly helpful community, and when someone is trying to help you, the last thing you should do is insult them.

In answer to your original question. Missing the right block and the bottom of the page generally means an error occured in the body of your page. The most likely culprits would be custom staticpages or blocks. The actual geeklog codebase will generally handle errors pretty well, but any custom code that is being displayed could cause the described behavior.

(For example, if you use a 'die' php command in any code that is being displayed ont eh page, you'll kill PHP, and the page will be sent uncompleted, as is, which generally means the header and left blocks have been added, but not the right blocks.)

The easiest way to determine where exactly the error log is occuring ths to examine your error logs and see which file is producing the error.

So, I hope this is helpful, and please remember that if you are paying 10k a year for a support contract you can complain about your tech support not meeting your needs, but when you're getting free support and using people's time, please show some gratitude, and respect.

Exaurdon~

geKow

Forum User
The reason for my posting without knowledge was, that my geeklog page (and some others) appear exactly as you described it when I open them in firebird and I need to reload to see the whole page. So it wasn't compleatly stupid. Evil

But then same thing happened to me viewing your page in IE, that's the reason for my comment. If it where possible, I had deleted my post. (Blaine???)

But don't worry lean4huskytop, I won't cross your postings again.

geKow

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:51 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content