Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 08:15 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Conversion from PHPWeblog

Shift

Anonymous
sad
I've converted my db from PHPWeblog to Geeklog. All has worked but I've some questions.

When I try to modify an old article GL duplicate my article but, after that, I'm not able to delete the entry except in PHPMyAdmin. I've noticed that in table gl_stories there is a field named SID. If I insert a new article the SID of this article is something like 20031125210503112 but the old articles have a SID like 02/12/13/0019159. Could be that one the problem?

I've also noticed that the new SID is tha date and time of the article insertion but what are the last three chars. In the case above 20031125 is the date and 210503 is the time but what is 112? I ask this because I can modify the SID of the old articles to match the new one but I would avoid doing a mess with the last three numbers...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The story id consists of the date and time plus up to 3 random digits (i.e. there can be 1, 2, or 3 digits). SIDs should always follow that template, so having slashes in the SID is not a good thing ...

bye, Dirk

Shift

Anonymous
Ok, in fact, substituting the SID with the right one let me modify the article. Now I've to manually correct all the SID Cry

Many thanks

quipster

Anonymous
did you make a script to convert the db from phpweblog to geeklog if so i would like a copy of it -- reply back with a link to it would be nice as well Smile

Shift

Anonymous
My knowledge of PHP doesn't let me create such a script so I'm doing everything by hand Cry

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content