Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 05:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Macintosh is unable to load geeklog home page

phatlix

Forum User
I write this to see if anyone has experienced this and could offer some help.

Here is the setup for reference first....
RH Linux 8
Apache 2.0.47
MySQL 12.21 Distrib 4.0.14
PHP 4.3.3
Geeklog 1.3.8-1sr2

I built the site over ssh and verified everything on a Windows machine with IE and on my other RH machine with Mozilla.
Since I do not have a Mac I was unable to test the site. But from what I gather, just recently Macintosh machines are unable to view the site. The head of the site pops up in the title bar but after what appears to be the loading of images in the articles, IE:mac locks up.

I have borrowed my bosses mac so that I can test this out and have found that if I go to a page inside the site ie. http://www.pi-live.com/gallery everything works fine. You can browse around the site, but as soon as you hit the front page again... your screwed.

Now on the same Mac it also has a browser called Safari. This browser works fine.

I have a feeling that this problem is do to the way that [imageX] is being called in IE:mac. I am going to test this by removing all the pictures from the articles/stories and see what happens.

If this is the case... might anyone be able to help me out. I will paste or send you any piece of code that you might want to look at, or even create a shell on the box for you if that's what it comes down to.

Thanx ya'll.

phatlix

Forum User
I have removed all the pictures in the stories ( [imageX_?] ) and am able to view the site once again.

Can some one tell me why attached images in the articles/stories cause this to happen?

Is this an already known issue? Or am I the only one experiencing this? Confused

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The [image] pseudo-tags are replaced with standard HTML img tags, i.e. the browser would only see proper img tags. So I can't imagine why there should be a problem, but I'm not sitting in front of my Mac right now ...

It may be a problem related to your theme. Is this a custom theme? Does it happen with one of the standard themes, too?

bye, Dirk

phatlix

Forum User
I am currently using the Tabular theme. I have not tried a different theme during my trouble shooting. I figured the image tags are placed the same way no matter what theme was in place.

I will definitely try a different one though. That could also answer addition questions I have rolling around on my plate. Wink

Thank you Dirk.

I am currently putting all the pictures back on the site, so that I can test a different theme.

I'm pretty confused about the whole thing, because I could go to http://www.pi-live.com/index.php?topic=pinews and with the pictures intact, it was viewable. I don't get it but, I can assure you... my code has never been cleaner. Smile

phatlix

Forum User
Put all the pictures back... and well... I don't know what fixed it. But everything is working fine.

The only thing that is different... all the images are place as [imageX_left]
instead of putting them all over. The code is the first thing listed, then the story.

I will try a few more configurations and see if I can screw it back up, but as for now. My system is again nominal to profile.

Thank you again.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content