Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:01 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Admin access to extended profiles / custom registrations?

thewise1himself

Forum User
confused

I just started working on a new GL site using 1.3.8-1 sr2 and was excited about custom registration and the ability for plugins to extend profile information.

However, I think I'm missing something -- if, as a Root user / site admin, I go to Admin --> Users --> then New User or Edit (an existing user), all I see is the standard GL profile and group assignments. But if I go to "Account Information" to update my own profile, then the extra information from custom registration / plugins is there for me to enter / edit.

The behavior doesn't seem logical or consistent -- root / admin (by definition) should be able to access and override (via the GL interface) any data entered by users. Am I missing something?

If I'm not missing something, where do I log the above as a feature request for a future version of GL? As it sits right now, GL can't manage one of the requirements of the project I'm currently working on (e.g., Admin can edit / update information for a user). I could manually hack my way through, but would prefer a more elegant, GL-supported solution.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Help?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This is already listed as a bug.

bye, Dirk

thewise1himself

Forum User
Thanks Dirk; I did see that post, but it seemed like it was specifically addressing issues just in users.php (in the root public_html dir) and not the missing checks for custom user / plugin profile extensions in user.php that lives in the public_html/admin/ directory. But, I guess folks know about the issues and will fix them as time allows. Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
In case you didn't see it: The bit about the code missing from admin/user.php was added in one of the comments to that bug report.

bye, Dirk

thewise1himself

Forum User
You guessed right, I didn't see the comment at the end. Blind as a bat somtimes... thanks for pointing it out!

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:01 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content