Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 05:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

error selecting database

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
angry
Hi all. Well, after spending hours upon hours setting up my site, I now have a brand new headache. Last night the power went out and really f*cked everything up. Whereas everything was fine before, I (and everyone else) now get an "error selecting database" error. The first error I got, however, was that the user that connected to the db did not exist. In fact, it got wiped out, but I have since replaced it.

I have no idea where to even begin. I don't want to wipe out the whole site, I just want it to work again. Any advice would be appreciated.

Josh

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Well, moving right along...

I replaced my sql "user" with new permissions, and I no longer get the error selecting database error. Now, I get "1030: got error 134 from table handler".

Any guesses as to what this means? It seems like as soon as I fix one problem another pops right up next in line. Is there an easier way to fix all of this. Thanks,

Josh

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Here is the full error from my error.log:

1030: Got error 134 from table handler SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_sessions WHERE remote_ip = '127.0.0.1' AND uid = 1

Thanks again,

Josh

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try a Google search. Looks like a corrupted table, I'm afraid ...

bye, Dirk

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Again, moving right along...

I deleted and replaced the gl_session table in my SQL database and the website loaded back up.... except that half of the information is gone. All of the stories are missing, and so are the events. Is the info still there, or is it gone forever?

Thanks,

Josh

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Still chugging along...

Now when I try to post a story, I get this:

1030: Got error 134 from table handler SQL in question: UPDATE gl_stories SET featured = '0' WHERE featured = '1' AND draft_flag = '0'

So... do I have to replace my entire SQL database? If so, is there anyway to get the old info out of the old database? Should I re-run the install script?

Thanks,

Josh

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by PasteEater: All of the stories are missing, and so are the events. Is the info still there, or is it gone forever?

Stories are stored in the gl_stories table, events in gl_events. If those are gone, they're gone ...

I assume you heard of the concept of backups?

bye, Dirk

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Backups you say?

Honestly, I was up until about 5 am today getting everything ready when I heard the power go out (for about a second, but long enough apparently). I sure didn't think I would need a backup within four hours of setting up the site, but I stand corrected.

Most things seem fine now. It's just content that needs to be replaced, and I had a tab of my browser open to what used to be the site. Copy and paste. This brings up an interesting question though: how do I backup my SQL database? I know I can just duplicate the folder that holds the site, but that doesn't hold the content. What is the easiest way of going about this?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by PasteEater: I sure didn't think I would need a backup within four hours of setting up the site, but I stand corrected.

Okay, I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have done a backup at that point either Mr. Green It sounded like you lost days or weeks of work ...

Quote by PasteEater:how do I backup my SQL database? I know I can just duplicate the folder that holds the site, but that doesn't hold the content. What is the easiest way of going about this?

There's a "DB Backup" entry in your Admin's menu ... Also see the FAQ.

bye, Dirk

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
I have just about everything back up and running, but NOW (oh boy) the site will not send out emails. I haven't touched anything since my crash, and am using (and had been using successfully) Postfix for all the site email. There are no entries in my error log, and the site reports that the email has been sent. I've restarted the mail server as well as the website. Any ideas?

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Ok, site is up and running (with mail and all!). Now, for the backup...

When logged in under Admin, the site says DB Backups (N/A), and when I click on it, I get the following error:

ERROR: Directory /Library/WebServer/backups/ is not accessible

Is this a permissions problem?

PasteEater

Forum User
Junior
Ok, yeah it was a permissions problem. I also had "mysqldump" pointed to the wrong place in my config.php file.

So now, when I click the "Do Backup" button, it says "Backup failed: Filesize was 0 bytes" but lists a backup as "geeklog_db_backup_2003_11_16.sql" which contains 0 bytes.

Josh

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content