Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 09:58 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can Geeklog Handle This?

Tim C.

Anonymous
Here's my situation. I run a Web site for an association of churches. There are currently 5 churches, each using their own directory of the same URL. Basically the sites are www.mychurchsite.com/church1/, www.mychurchsite.com/church2 and so on. I am looking to implement a content management system that will ease administration, especially as far as events are concerned. Each site needs to have an individual calendar and I would also like to have a master calendar that would post events to all 5 sites.

Other than those requirements the rest is fairly basic. Some pages would be Geeklogged and others would be static.

Though I have run several implementations of Geeklog I'm not sure if it can handle my requirements this time around? If not, what software should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Grouped calendars aren't supported. Right now we only support a Public calendar and a user's private calendar. However a degree of seperation could be achieved if you created an event type for each church. For example in config.php add "Church A Event, Church B Event, etc". Then you add an event you can tie the type to the right church. Probably not good enough for what you need.

What you probably want is an calendaring app that supports iCal. I'd search Freshmeat to find one.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:58 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content