Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installing Forum 2.2rc gives blank pages

jlewis

Forum User
Howdy, I'm running 1.3.8, and just followed the instructions on installing forum 2.2rc1. After copying the new files to the public_html dir etc, now all I get is a blank page for index.php!

What can I do tofix it?

Blaine

Forum User
I'm assuming that you read the install_doc and have run the plugin install.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by jlewis: . After copying the new files to the public_html dir etc, now all I get is a blank page for index.php!

I'm really hoping that when you wrote this you meant to the puiblic_html/forums folder, and not over top of the public_html/index.php file. Just something you may want to take a look-see @.
Eek!

-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

jlewis

Forum User
Grin, at first I did indeed replace the files over the root files (rooookieeeee). So I used this opportunity to upgrade geeklog to 1.3.8-1sr2, and my main site is back.

I've also confirmed all the forum files are where they are supposed to be html/forum; html/admin/plugins/forum;html/layout/[mytheme]/forum

But when i go to the plugins page, it does not see forum, and when I go to admin/plugins/forum/setup.php all I get is a blank page and nothing in the logs...

Ideas? What is the plugins setup?

Blaine

Forum User
If the plugin files have been copied to their appropriate directories, then when you go to the plugin editor "AdminMenu -> Plugins" you will see the forum listed as a un-installed plugin. Click on the link to install it.

That creates all the new tables for example, among other things.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by jlewis:
But when i go to the plugins page, it does not see forum, and when I go to admin/plugins/forum/setup.php all I get is a blank page and nothing in the logs...

Ideas? What is the plugins setup?

admin/plugins/forum/install.php

read the docs.
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

jlewis

Forum User
When i go to admin/plugins, all i see is my already installed static pages plugin. Nothing else

When I go to admin/plugins/forum/install.php I get a blank page.

This was yesterday. Today, I can't login at all, and am getting

Failed to set session cookie

errors... arrgh

Thanks for the help though.

jlewis

Forum User
OK, I can login with IE, but not firebird.7. I am still getting nothing new in plugins, and plugins/forum/install.php gives me a blank page

Whoosh!

Anonymous
Quite frankly, I'd start over if I were you. Sounds like your forum files are just not in the right places.

Read the docs carefully. Perhaps make backups of your GL installation as you go along so if things really get whacked, you can quick get back to a good install.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content