Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Hmm, suddenly images fail in stories?

tingo

Forum User
Chatty
I've been running Geeklog 1.3.8-1 for some time. Today, I tried to upload a story with an image in it. Well, the upload went fine, then I got this error:
Text Formatted Code

Warning: copy(/usr/local/www/geeklog/public_html/images/articles/tmp.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/geeklog-1.3.8-1/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 522
Couldn't copy /usr/local/www/geeklog/public_html/images/articles/tmp.jpg to /usr/local/www/geeklog/public_html/images/articles/20031109130914950_1.jpg. You'll need remove both files

And when I check the directory I find the files:
Text Formatted Code

-rw-r--r--  1 www  www   62713 Nov  9 14:38 20031109130914950_1.jpg
-rw-r--r--  1 www  www   62713 Nov  9 14:38 20031109130914950_1_original.jpg

there. No sign of the 'tmp.jpg' file. This has been working before. I even upgraded to 1.3.8-1sr2 (via sr1), but it didn't help. The directories have the correct access rights and ownership. Any suggestions about what is wrong?
Oh yeah, removing those files have no effect, the same error shows up next time I try to use an image in an article.

tingo

Forum User
Chatty
Any suggestions at all? This problem really boggles me, and I can't seem to figure it out.

tingo

Forum User
Chatty
I've upgrade to 1.3.8-1sr3, but it didn't change anything related to this error. I now see that someone else has this problem, as this topic shows.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hello,

Well, I don't know for sure what the cause of the error would be.

I wouldn't expect to see a 'tmp.jpg' in your directory. Generally, when you upload a file to a PHP script, the file only exists until the end of the script, and is then automatically deleted (which is why you always have to copy the file to a new directory). So, the absence of tmp.jpg donesn't seem too surprising. However, what is interesting is that it appears that the file copy actually succeded.

Has your host made any PHP configuration changes?

Exaurdon~

tingo

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by tingo: This has been working before. I even upgraded to 1.3.8-1sr2 (via sr1), but it didn't help. The directories have the correct access rights and ownership. Any suggestions about what is wrong?
Oh yeah, removing those files have no effect, the same error shows up next time I try to use an image in an article.

Ok, I finally found the error. It is probably the upgrades that I made that caused the problem in the first place. Mind you, my execution of the upgrades, not some problem with the upgrades themselves. The 'path_to_netpbm' variable in config.php was commented out. It 's value was correctly configured, but the whole line was commented out. D'oh!
Hopefully, this will teach me to check once more, even when I know I have checked it twice. Wink

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content