Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 11:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum & Static Pages

atodorovic

Forum User
Hi All,
I've looked through the forums today but couldnt seem to find a response that would point me in the right direction. I am running v.1.3.8-1sr2, and have both the staticpages and forum plugins installed, when logged in as a normal user, I cannot see the Forum or Static Pages links anywhere on the page...

How do I turn this on?

Thank you,
A Todorovic

Blaine

Forum User
What theme are you using?

Try a different theme.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

squatty

Forum User
To add a bit...

The main menu links presentation is controlled via the /path/to/geeklog/public_html/header.thtml file.

Not all themes use the GL template system (as they should). Rather, they hard code links in the header.thtml file. Plugins rely on the GL template system to render their specific links.

Thus, Blaine's point is to try another theme or more to the point try a theme that uses the GL template engine. Look for the variable {menu_elements} and {plugin_menu} in the header.thtml file (at least I think that's what they are called?). If you see them then, you should also see the links.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

machinari

Forum User
I've noticed this too. I've seen some really great themes, BUT they were made w/o the GL template system thus limiting GL functionality w/respect to the plugins at least.

gonna have to use a diff theme, create your own, or rewrite the one you prefer with the proper template vars--shouldn't be that difficult though i have yet to look at the file in any detail.

good luck.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content