Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 04:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

batch user import

remy

Forum User
working
There is a change available for the function batch import of users.
The change will read the import file and use the first line, which is a label list of valid fieldnames.
Hereafter, the remaining lines are imported to the table 'users' and the table 'custom_member_info'.
Eek! If a field is not present, it will not be imported.
If a passwd field is present, it is imported as wel. Email will NOT be sent, unless the passwd field is empty.
There is a field called 'assignment'. It should contain a group_name. When filled in, this user will be inserted in this group.
Also, the import_specification_template is adjusted to have a delimiter field specified.

The coding is suitable to takeover for other tables. I'm preparing it for the contact plugin too.
Arrow Any suggestions ?

noke

Forum User
Chatty
Hi remy, sounds like a good plan to me, are you any closer to completing it? I just moved host and changed from XMB forum to GL and have a big member DB that I need to add to the new host. As the standard import is down I'm left with scratching my head or a lot of manual work to fix my members problem.

noke
http://www.worldclubdjs.com

Euan

Forum User
Quote by noke: I just moved host and changed from XMB forum to GL and have a big member DB that I need to add to the new host. As the standard import is down I'm left with scratching my head or a lot of manual work to fix my members problem. noke

As far as I remember without checking, you can pretty easily stuff a text file into the MySQL database from MyPHPadmin - I did it some time ago. But I knew all the passwords. If remy hasn't quite finished, you should be able to format the data with a text editor and then enter it directly into the DB. IF GL stores the MD5ed version of the password, and you know that from the XMB DB, you should be OK. Or am I talking out of my $%&e?
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

remy

Forum User
happy
The thing is ready and oke. I just don't like the templates yet.
Some work must be done in order to release it.

Send me comments, or your templates. Would speed it up?

noke

Forum User
Chatty
Hey remy Smile

Im affraid you lost me on the templates thing (still a n00b) all i know is, in the xmb table theres lots of columns with useless info in them about the user - i dont want all the info, just enuf to have them transfered to the gl db - i think im going to have to take all this data out manually as the phpmyadmin on the old host is out of the arc - and as ive said before, i dont know mysql at all.

i'll check back later after i re-install gl

noke
http://www.worldclubdjs.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content