Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

restricting users group permitions

arcangel

Forum User
Hi, I would like to restrict the users group permitions so that they can\'t send stories. I only want the story admins to be able to send new stories and not all users. I dont want to give that option to all users. How can this be change so that they dont even see the option to send a story. You help will be greatly apreciate it. Thanks in advance, Arcangel

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That, I\'m afraid, is not possible. Geeklog was actually made to let users participate. As such, it follows the rule \"if you can see a topic, you can post a story there\". This is not the first time such a request is made, but it hasn\'t been implemented yet (and I can\'t even tell if that would be easy to do or not ...). bye, Dirk

Alain

Anonymous
Why wouldn\'t it be possible ? If you modify submit.php code with something like if $_USER[\'uid\'] != 2) bla bla bla \"admin only\" or whatever to restrict submissions to admin only. Like at line 73 of submit.php And an \"on/off\" switch could be implemented in config.php. I added a lot of switches in config.php to toggle on and off many features of Geeklog, like disabling appearing in the who\'s online block, it\'s checked and dimmed if you\'re not admin. Samething to stop receiving emails from admin, and so many others. I\'d say this could be done in less than 5 minutes.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content